Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What's Been Brewing...


As I haven't posted in a rather long time, I thought I'd give a little update. My first piece of news is that I finished my first full-body sculpt in Paperclay, and have started on my second! I am really loving this medium and will be sticking with it for the time being. My first sculpt is named "Corinne" and is a lovely fairy in Regency period dress. I love that time period, and will be doing a series of dolls from Jane Austen's books eventually.

My second sculpt is for another team's challenge based on Shakespeare's plays. I am creating "Juliet." She will be holding a rose with a tear falling down her pale cheek. I have finished hands, feet forms (she will be wearing cloth slippers), body core and armature, and am working on the head. I will post progress pictures soon.

My last bit of news pertains to my new blog. Yes, I have finally joined the bloggers in Blogland! My new blog is called "Wyrdlands Studios," and can be found at http://wyrdlandstudios.blogspot.com. I will be posting updates and WIP pictures of my latest work, and anything else that inspires and sustains me. If you have a moment, I would love for you to stop by and have a cuppa with me! :o)

No comments: