Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Freya Autumn Challenge Piece


Adorable little soft sculpture fairy girl "Freya" by EGADS team member Mary Ward of
Cotton Wool Baby Studio





I just love her rounded belly and her little red curls! She is gorgeous!
Mary Ward's comments on the piece: This is Freya, my Autumn Fairy child. She's about 23" and has a soft sculpted body and sculpted head covered in two layers of nylon and handpainted. Her hair is a boiled angora type wool. Most of the process that went into her creation can be seen on my Flickr page.

5 comments:

dubuhdudesigns said...

This is really a stunning piece! Reminds me of Lenci dolls but with a modern look~Amazing!

pumpkinhaus said...

oh my gosh! she is so beautiful!

FairiesNest said...

Gorgeous doll!!!

Robyn L. Coburn said...

Adorable character, so sweet.

Itsy Bitsy Funzy Onesie said...

wow! she is so cute!