Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Two new Art Dolls


I have two brand new Art Dolls in an Exhibition here in New Zealand at the Pinehaven Week-End Gallery, a well established event locally with some very high quality exhibits. If they don't sell, they will go up on Etsy for the Etsy for Animals Birthday Bash

They are my first attempts at striking out on my own and as they were done in a bit of a rush I am pleased they came out pretty well. I enjoyed working with hand dyed cotton to make Spirit of the Flame and used some really nice embroidery threads for her wild hair.

2 comments:

dollproject said...

Your dolls have such vivid fabrics. I love the use of red for the first gal's skin. And I love the industrial looking arm fabric on the second.

I hope you don't mind that I edited your post to make the pictures a little larger. The original pictures were so teeny I couldn't see what they were!

Anonymous said...

You should be pleased!