Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What's happening now


Thanks for creating this blog. I voted on the petition. Let's hope it takes.


Presently I am working on building up my stock for an upcoming craft fair - my first! I'm pretty excited about it. I had post cards printed and sent them to everyone on my mailing list and people I don't know too.
I am working on more of my small cloth dolls, "Dream Stars", which incidentally sold out on my etsy store last night. As usual they were bought by a friend. It's odd selling to dear friends - I guess I'll have to come up with a new idea for her Christmas present!
I have three timely dolls on Ebay, but I'm keeping the rest for the craft fair.



As well I have a nice pile of pretty little Wish Dolls, which look very sweet when presented with their fragrant pillow and votive candle.


Works in progress: Dream Dolls - a poseable soft doll, about 12 inches tall; mixed media Bead Head dolls - like giant wish dolls which will have a fairy tale to go with them; and crocheted soft sculpture figures of recycled plastic bag yarns. I've had a couple of false starts here with those, but it's all good.

I'm also working on some fabric collage wall hangings - but those are for personal gifts not for sale. I'm hoping that they will become a source of commissions in due course.

Regards,
Robyn C.

2 comments:

twenty pound tabby said...

I really do enjoy reading your blogs, and you take such good photos.

Robyn Coburn Writer/Artist said...

Thank you. I wish I were a better photographer. Lush photos in good light make all the difference in making a blog delicious. But I'm practicing.

Those photos of me working were taken by my 8 year old dd. She likes photography too.